Incoming Students

Congratulations on your admission to Brooklyn College! The Office of International Student and Scholar Services is here to support you through the process of completing immigration documents, planning your trip, and arriving in the United States as an international student.

Accept Your Admissions Offer

Please note: as you are going through the I-20 process, you should also follow the steps to registration.

Undergraduate Students

Accept the offer on CUNYfirst and pay the commitment deposit.

Graduate Students

Follow the next steps here.

Admitted Students Who Want to Defer

First-year Students

If you are an admitted first-year student and would like to defer, you must pay the commitment deposit and e-mail the Office of Undergraduate Admissions requesting that your admission be postponed for the next semester.

Transfer Students

Admitted transfer students who would like to defer must reapply through CUNY for the next semester.

Graduate Students

Admitted graduate students who would like to defer must contact their graduate deputy for permission to start in the next admitting semester. Some programs might require you to reapply for admissions.

F-1 Visa Students

Apply F-1 Visa

If you are an international student admitted to the college, you will be asked to complete an I-20 application. An I-20 is needed for full-time degree-seeking international students who are applying for an F-1 visa and for current international students transferring from another educational institution within the United States.

We have compiled the documents below that will assist you with your I-20 application process. Complete and print the fillable PDF forms. If you have any questions, email the Office of International Student and Scholar Services.

Transfer Students

If you are transferring your F-1 student status from another U.S.-based educational institution to Brooklyn College, you must complete the Transfer Form and an I-20 application so we are able to process a new I-20.

Brooklyn. All in.