Petition to Forfeit Exam Credits

Important Notice

The Transfer Evaluations Office takes care of matriculated undergraduate students only.

Graduate students should contact Graduate Admissions for assistance.

Exam credits can be forfeited, if a student has been granted transfer credits from one of the following:

  • Advanced Placement (AP)
  • Advanced International Certificate of Education (AICE) Program
  • Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT)
  • College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
  • International Baccalaureate Higher Level (IBHL) courses
  • Excelsior College Exams (UEXCEL)

Transfer credits (earned via an examination) may be kept or forfeited individually, but once a credit has been forfeited it cannot be reinstated at a later date. Students wishing to forfeit transfer credits must request to do so prior to graduation. If you wish to decline or forfeit the transfer credits awarded to you, you must submit the request below. Any student considering forfeiting one or more credits is strongly encouraged to first consult with their academic/departmental adviser and financial aid adviser. Submission of this form does not guarantee forfeiture. A final confirmation will be sent if your request has been granted.

The relevant communications will be sent via e-mail. Students are expected to monitor and retrieve their e-mail on a frequent and consistent basis.

Brooklyn. All in.